Thursday, January 9, 2014

Top 5 Memories of 2013

Finally I found some time to working a long pending task, updating my blog. It’s been just over a week since we stepped into 2014 and I thought what better way to start writing, other than my top five memories of the year that went by. So, here I go:

#5 My friend’s visit to India
Just about I had started to miss my US life, my best buddy showed up in Bangalore. We are the kind of guys who never miss a single opportunity of having fun. We travelled to Kodaikanal and Goa. Like all our previous travels, these too were awesome.

#4 Starting a business and early taste of success
I always wanted to start my own business, one fine day. But starting Tationem just happened. My friends and I started this venture without much planning and once we stared it, we planned and executed it well. Getting featured in several magazines, giving interviews and the tag of being an ‘entrepreneur’ made a dream come true.

#3 Restarting life in Bangalore
If I had missed one thing most while staying in the US, it had to be my life in Bangalore. Being away from hometown had got to me in some ways and restarting had its own jitters. Getting used to the near-perfect weather of Bangalore wasn’t too hard though.

#2 The dream flight from LA to London and finally reaching Bangalore
If you have known me well, you probably know about my journey from Los Angeles to London. That was the best flight I have ever had in my life. It’s true; cities, journeys, workplaces, etc are nothing but the reflection of people we are associated with. After such an amazing journey, I was about to put a check on one of the items on my bucket list, moving back to India. We all have this goal that’s hard to describe or logically explain, yet we want it real bad. Yes, moving back to India was one such thing for me. You probably can guess my intensity by the number of people who actually return to India, once they leave Indian shores!

#1 Farewell, Cross Country Road Trip of the US
The year 2013 began and I had to say goodbye to my loved ones. I had lived in the US for nearly 5 years and some people had made my experience an incredible one. After the farewell, I took a cross country road trip of the US, starting from Lexington, KY, all the way till San Diego, CA. I travelled with my best buddy to the most part of trip, saw a couple of places I had always wanted to see and revisited a couple of places which I had fallen in love with. That road trip helped me understand that people make places and places are nothing without people.

I hope, 2014 too has such memorable times in store for both, you and I. Till then, keep having fun!

No comments: